Test Drive Agreement
In order to perform a test drive, you must have a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the applicable area, subject to the following terms:
1. I represent that I am the individual shown on the driver’s license submitted to Tesla and that it is a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle in the applicable area. I further agree
that, other than any liability insurance required by law, Tesla does not provide any insurance coverage under this Agreement.
2. As the driver of the vehicle, I am responsible for my actions, and I agree not to operate the vehicle negligently, recklessly or in any manner contrary to applicable laws. I agree to personally
inspect the vehicle and agree that it is free of any visible damage and/or defects, except if otherwise noted with the Tesla advisor before taking the test drive. I understand and agree that I will be
responsible for any losses that result from a breach of the terms of this Agreement and any damage sustained by the vehicle while in my possession.
3. I am responsible for the actions of any passengers while the vehicle is in my possession and I agree not to allow any other person to drive the vehicle without the prior written consent of Tesla. I
further agree to indemnify and hold Tesla and its agents and affiliates harmless from any liability, expense (including attorney’s fees), loss, or damage that Tesla may suffer as a result of claims,
demands, costs, or judgments against Tesla related to the vehicle while it is in my possession.
4. I understand and agree that although the vehicle’s speed limit may be, dependent on the applicable area, electronically limited to 85 mph (136 km), I will be liable for any parking, speeding, or
other tickets or fines caused by my driving. I agree that Tesla may share my personal details for the purpose of enforcement of the tickets or fines. I understand that Tesla is not liable for the loss
or damage of my belongings in the car.
5. I understand and agree that I cannot drive more than 100 miles (160 km) and unless otherwise agreed upon with your Tesla advisor, the vehicle must be returned to the same Tesla location within 30
minutes. If case of an overnight test drive, I understand that I cannot drive more than 200 miles (320 km) and must return the vehicle to the same Tesla location within two (2) calendar days.
6. I understand and agree that, as the owner of the vehicle, Tesla may track the GPS location while the vehicle is in my possession until its return. I understand that if I breach this Agreement,
Tesla may take reasonable action to locate and repossess the vehicle and charge me for its costs to do so.
To confirm eligibility, fulfill your request, enforce terms and accept feedback regarding your experience, we collect:
|Categories of Data
|Identification and contact Information
||Your name, email address, phone number, driver’s license, insurance information
||To communicate with you and confirm eligibility for test drive
||Vehicle telematics, position, performance and maintenance data
||Vehicle maintenance, and if necessary vehicle recovery
||Product interests and vehicle needs, current vehicle, charging needs, purchase timeline
||Provide Tesla services and personalize your experience
For your rights and choices about this data, please visit Tesla’s Privacy Notice, which is incorporated by reference into this Agreement and which can be viewed at:
By continuing, I understand and agree that Tesla is permitting me to test drive the vehicle subject to these terms. I also consent to the use of electronic acceptance and submission of this Agreement and
to be contacted by Tesla for feedback regarding my experience.